Symbolic Composer is a cross-platform application that allows you to compose songs in a professional environment.
With the help of Symbolic Composer, composers will be able to write, edit and view their compositions before the MIDI can be generated.
Moreover, Symbolic Composer is a toolbox for stretching your musical creativity and was designed to give you total freedom when trying to write music.
Furthermore, the Symbolic Composer app provides almost all world-music tunings, and its libraries cover past 500 years of compositional traditions.
Many Faces Of Symbolic Composer
Symbolic Composer is a context-free language that lets you program any detail of your music. It’s a thinking tool for pre-compositional melody, harmony, rhyhtm and structural arrangements. Make music from mathematics, astronomy, even genetics.
Symbolic Composer works side with side with Logic, Ableton, Sibelius, Finale, Encore, Digital Performer, Reason, Reactor, Rondo, QuickTime, Renoise and Reaper.
“SCOM covers past 500 years of compositional traditions and the tools for the future. SCOM’s rich music programming language supplies the composer tools to program any music style and complexity. SCOM is a complete interactive musical encyclopedia. When the idea hits you, just press Compile”, summarizes composer and music educator Nigel Morgan from UK.
Sophisticated Music Programming Environment
Symbolic Composer also includes integrated playback and notation capabilities.
Apply AU synth plugins and bounce the score to Aiff in pro-quality ready for publishing. Here showing playback using Apple’s MainStage and Arturia Synths.
Program in A Deeper Level
- Music Language, that allows composing music of any style and complexity.
- Context-Free, which means Symbolic Composer allows composing music of any style and complexity.
- Standard MIDI file output. Symbolic Composer is full compatible with all MIDI-compatible music software.
- Build-in 96 channel MIDI playback. Plays through GM MIDI or IAC for final sounds. Press button to record and publish it.
- Build-in Notation (LilyPond), HyperHelp & Search.
- Mathematical Generators & Processors provide advanced fractals, chaos and number-theory functions.
- Symbolic Generators & Processors allow Recursion, L-systems, Fibonacci, and other special solutions.
- Programmable Neurons supply added intelligence to your instrumentation.
- Programmable Phrase Library allows sequential drum and chording pattern generation.
- Historical & Contemporary Music functions supply the classic compositional tools.
- Over 1000 Algorithms included, chain and combine them freely.
- Complete Chord, Scale and Micro-Tonal libraries fully expandable by the user.
Including Guitar Synth (+ 1000 other algorithms)
Take a peek in the new guitar synth. It allows to transcript guitar riffs intuitively. Just enter the frets that you play.
Symbolic Composer analyzes them into tonalities, symbols, rhythms and dynamics. No time-consuming notation stage in between.
Arrange it to full-blown composition. Even use algorithms to move virtual fingers around the fretboard.
Use chord-names from notebooks, such as c#7b5#9m, dm6add9, those lovely full-bodied chords match the way they are played on a guitar.
Emulate special tunings used by famous guitarists, and styles. Use drop-d, open-e and other tunings, or define your own.
Guitar Synth suits in modeling fretted instruments such as guitar, bass, mandolin and sitar up to 12 strings.
- Macintosh OS X 10.6-10.11, 4 GB RAM minimum, 8-16 GB suggested.
- Windows XP/7/8/10, 2 GB RAM minimum, 4-16 GB suggested.
“I feel like this is a MAJOR jump for SCOM 7. Thanks for the continually development. Not many programs have that kind of pedigree in an essentially steady and linear improvement in functions!”
“This mail just for say to you my first impression of the new SCOM 6.5: Awesome!! ‘m so happy with the new menus, chords and degree scales, I love the new workflow upgrades and I love in general the look and feel.”
“Congratulation for the new release of SCOM with Sibelius and Finale Support!”
“I love SCOM because it is so pure. I don’t want alternatives!”
“It’s really the most wonderful tool I have ever seen for music composition.”
“SCOM steps beyond notation and playing skills, like no other software can do.”
“It’s all I need for music composition besides Logic and softsynths.”